Black Knight are delighted to offer a great workshop on castles! We bring our very own castle into the school.
- Examination of features, moat, construction methods
- Looking at decorations and functionality
- Understanding terms such as portcullis, battlements and so on.
and we’ll be asking the questions:
- Why are they called castles?
- What were they made from?
- Who built them?
- When were castles occupied?
- What happened inside the stone walls?
Making the most of role-play and dressing-up in real medieval clothes and armour, children act out various jobs and duties in a castle, including fetching water in bucket, standing on guard, acting as a lady in waiting to a queen, and saying a Latin prayer as a chaplain.