6 and up [on discretion of our staff member/instructor]
The activity can be placed almost anywhere where children will be safe.
Ideally on grass, for securing our medieval Knights tent, and the jousting equipment.
None [but the facility to recharge our PA system would be a bonus]
KNIGHT SCHOOL FORMAT
In groups of 15 maximum, children are issued each a St George tabard, shield, wooden sword, wooden spear and helmet. They receive the ‘Code of Chivalry’ and then the fun begins!
- Hobby Horse Jousting at the spinning ‘Quintain’
- Learning real medieval combat skills
- Working together as a medieval army, learning tactics and commands
- Using a mini-trebuchet to throw ‘rocks’ at St George [tennis balls]
- Children can pose for photos if they wish in front of our real Knights tent, individually or in their group as approved by their parent/guardian, with St George/Princess/Dragon etc
- All risk assessed and fully Insured.
Each group of 15 should take 45 minutes so maximum of 90 per day in 6 sessions.
10-30am – 12-45pm, then 1-30pm til 4-30pm [includes short breaks] but we can be flexible!
- Those outside the age bracket as described above.
- Anyone who does not follow instructions given may be warned or excluded as per the Instructors decision, fo the safety of all.
- Activity may not be suitable for all children.
- Those suffering from a previous medical condition which prevents sport activities including being subjected to loud noises.
SET-UP & PACKDOWN
We allow 90 minutes for setup the Knight School and safety checks. Access to site required for large vehicle. Same for packdown. Facility for Van parking nearby.